Thank you to Will Work For Tea for this sample!

First, I taste the black base which is a smooth black with good almond flavour. Then the cinnamon at the end of the sip. It is a little bit astrigent but not overwhelmingly.

I brewed this according to Butiki’s website at boiling for 4 minutes. Now that I am writing this note, I noticed the steepster description says to steep for 2 minutes. Maybe that is why it is a bit astringent. And by my previous Butiki experience with tea, they are not usually astingent. So……next time I will only brew for 2 minutes.

I would rate it at maybe 84 right now but I will not rate it for now because I will try again later on and review.

Butiki Teas

Will Work For Tea-4 minutes is correct. 2 minutes is for our old blend. If you are finding it to be too astringent, I would recommend either using less tea (maybe a teaspoon) or steeping for a little less, maybe a minute less.

tigress_al

I will try that! Thanks Stacy

Butiki Teas

doh!, I meant tigress_al. Sorry about that.

Helena

hmmm.. I do four and didn’t notice anything wrong. In fact it’s in my favourite comfort tea category :D

Comments

Butiki Teas

tigress_al

I will try that! Thanks Stacy

Butiki Teas

doh!, I meant tigress_al. Sorry about that.

Helena

Hello,

Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada