Since I was re-visiting the Bailin black, I figured I might as well try this one out again using the gongfu method. Teavivre black teas gongfu experiment day!

I did four steepings: rinse,15,25,40, and 60 seconds.

The gongfu method really brings out the sweetness in the tea. I am getting more caramel notes than I did with the western method. I am still getting that slight sweet potatoe note as well. Or maybe my tastes have developed more and my palate is becoming more refined. Either way, I am increasing my rating a bit!

185 °F / 85 °C

I am a nurse, I love to do so many things: reading, card making, scrapbooking, photography, shopping, and of course drinking TEA!

I started drinking loose leaf tea in Dec. 2010 when I had a DavidsTea for the first time and have been obsessed ever since! My favourite is probably white tea, but I also love black and oolong. I also like a nice relaxing rooibos or herbal in the evening. On Sundays, I like to treat myself and make a tea latte. I am not the biggest fan of green tea.

My favourite flavours are nutty, chocolate, jasmine, tropical, fruity, earl grey.
My dislikes are floral (jasmine being the exception) and banana.

I am admittedly fairly generous in my rating scale. Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada