Teavivre black teas gongfu experiment day!

I drank 3 black teas from Teavivre today. I was curious how the gongfu method would impact the notes in the teas.

I did 5 steeps: rinse, 30s, 50s, 70s, 1.5min, 2min

The colour of the brew is very interesting. I poured all these in quick succession and have each steep lined up in front of me. It starts off a light yellow/amber and shifts to a deep autumn amber.

It takes longer for the malty, sweet, chocolate flavour to develop with short steepings. It doesn’t show up until about the 3rd steep. This is still sweet, malty, with those wonderful dark cocoa notes.

Surprisingly, I think I prefer the Western brewing method in the case of this tea. It really gives the sweet and cocoa notes more time to develop.

I am increasing the rating because this tea is even better than I remember!

And that concludes my Teavivre black teas gongfu experiment for now…..thank goodness I don’t have more of their black teas at the moment! (but there are more on their way ;0)

Boiling