Thank you so much to Angel at Teavivre for this wonderful sampler of oolongs! I love oolongs in the fall and winter, they are just so comforting.

This is my first experience with a gaiwan and I will definitely need more practice because I almost burnt my hand. I followed the websites steeping parameters (R, 25s,25,30,40,60,90,120,180)

The first 4 steeps were very floral and has milky aroma and mouthfeel. There is a natural sweetness.
The last 4 steeps lost a bit of sweetness and seemed a little more vegetal.

I also want to sample this with the western method so I know where I really stand with this.

TeaVivre

It’s easy to burn your finger when you first experience with a gaiwan. As long as you control the how to use it without burn your finger, you will find brew tea with gaiwan is simple.

Comments

TeaVivre

Hello,

Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada