drank S'mores Genmaicha by 52teas

Honestly, I have been scared of genmaicha since I started my tea drinking journey. I am not really a fan of green tea to begin with, and then add in rice??? That just sounds too weird to me. I even got the best sellers sampler with marshmallow treat genmaicha which has good ratings, but I have been too scared to try it.

And then I scratched today’s tea…..hmmm….genmaicha. “Stop being such a stubborn tea person and just try it” the tea seemed to say to me.

So here it goes….. It is….different. I am getting rice first, then a hint of smoke, with subtle hints of marshmallow and chocolate. It is kinda weird, and I am not quite sure how I feel about it yet.

K S

It took me a few cups of genmaicha to decide that I did like it.

tigress_al

I will try again a few more times before ruling it out. I have to give it a chance!

Fjellrev

I actually don’t care too much for green teas either, especially when they’re super vegetal or grassy. But that is what I love about genmaicha, its toastiness. But I think you’d have to try a plain genmaicha to get the true feel since this one’s flavouring may give you the wrong impression. But glad you’ve taken the step!

Comments

K S

It took me a few cups of genmaicha to decide that I did like it.

tigress_al

Fjellrev

Hello,
I am a nurse. I have numerous hobbies: reading, crocheting, crafting, card making, scrapbooking, photography, shopping, and of course drinking TEA!

I started drinking loose leaf tea in Dec. 2010 when I went into a DavidsTea for the first time and have been hooked ever since! My favourite is probably white tea, but I also love black and oolong. I also like a nice relaxing rooibos or herbal in the evening. On Sundays, I like to treat myself and make a tea latte.

My favourite flavours are nutty, vanilla, chocolate, jasmine, tropical, fruity, earl grey.
My dislikes are lavender, rose, hibiscus, banana, and straight green or overly vegetal teas.

I am admittedly fairly generous in my rating scale. Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada