Oh my. I bought a full bag of strawberry sencha a couple of Sundays ago and I am quite enamoured. It’s a little confusing – it tastes like it smells, but not like it looks or sounds – but it’s fun, that’s for sure.

The tea is good quality, all clean-cut, rich green sencha, and there are nice chunks of dried strawberry mixed into it. The scent is STRONG. I could smell it wafting out even before I opened the bag, but it’s lovely, gently toeing – no, pirouetting – the line between real strawberries and strawberry ice cream nostalgia.

The brew is largely normal green tea with an overlay of juicy fruit – like most flavoured teas I’ve drunk, it lacks depth and is more scent than flavour, more pink and fizzy than grounded and natural. That’s not to say it’s bad; it’s not at all.

It’s not ‘must keep stocked in my cupboard’ good – that accolade has only been earned by Sleepytime and Twinings’ pomegranate white tea – but it’s good enough that it’s one of the more exciting, enticing teas in my cupboard right now. It’s green tea for the Miss Dior Chérie girl.