drank Green Needle by Adagio Teas

Dry leaf: Brown-green leaf color, slightly fuzzy leaves that are more brittle than soft. Sweet, grassy, musky aroma reminiscent of pine trees and a stormy ocean breeze.

Brew: Very pale grey-gold liquer more similar in color to a white tea or light colored oolong than most greens.

Drinking: Has a much fuller flavor than expected from such a pale brew. Smooth and grassy with hints of violin rosin and a very slightly fishy flavor. Reminds me of walking by the fishing docks on an overcast morning (in a good way) Turns bitter very quickly if brewed too hot or for too long. Second steeping is nice, with a slightly smoother feel and more pronounced ‘sea breeze’ taste.

Reminds me of: Fishing docks on an overcast day, coniferous forest after a heavy rain.

Summary: A very nice and slightly unique green (at least in my limited experience) with a slight tension like the calm before a storm (seeing a pattern here :P) Overall a tasty tea at a reasonable price (a steal at its current sale price)

Pros: Complex and masculine aroma, unique, smoothe taste
Cons: Bitter if brewed too long, dryness of leaves

CupofTree

your Reminds me description makes me want to try this. :)

tperez

Haha, its funny I wouldn’t say this is the “best” tea I’ve tried, but its one of my favorites right now. It invokes a lot of memories :) I really like this tea

Comments

CupofTree

your Reminds me description makes me want to try this. :)

tperez

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL