drank Green Rooibos by Adagio Teas

Ordered a sample of this out of curiosity, as I’d never tried green rooibos.

Dry leaf: Thick smell of hay and candied dates. Needles are slightly dry/crumbled and dusty compared to the red rooiboses I’ve tried, maybe this is a slightly old batch?

Steeping: Very attractive, bright golden colored brew. However, LOTS of crumbles etc. got into the tea, so I poured it through a paper coffee filter into my cup. The smell while steeping reminds me of a Darjeeling or Ceylon tea, but with hints of citrus and fresh hay.

Drinking: Very smooth and still has a flavor similar to red rooibos, but more citrussy and grassy, with slight hints of grape skins or raisin. Also somewhat comparable to Ceylon black tea. Something about the flavor is “dusty”, not a bad thing, but difficult to describe.

Reminds me of: A horse farm on a hot, dry day

Summary: Intersting, caffeine-free herbal tea somewhat reminiscent of Ceylon, but with a more grassy, citrussy side.

Pros: Cheap, good for a night time tea, nice smell and color, smooth
Cons: Gets through mesh strainers

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL