Deep burgundy color. The flavor is smooth and earthy with a medium body and has slight cedar, cocoa, and coffee flavors upfront, and ends with lighter citrus and hay notes, followed by a run-on sentence. :)

Bonnie

Welcome to puerh heaven fellow earth dweller! Seems that there are a few of us the crawl in the mud and love the taste of these cedar, cocoa, bready, mushroom, etc. tea’s. mrmopar is a great puerh friend!

tperez

Haha, I don’t have to perform any kind of blood pact or something, do I? lol :)
I’m really quite addicted to those samples Mr. Mopar sent me, I think I’m going to have to order a cake before a run out! I hear pu’erh withdraw is a horrible thing :)

mrmopar

blood pacts not necessary just being friends to and with pu-erh is the key. you watch bonnie she has a great palate for tea check some of her reviews i learn a little more from her each day.

Aww, man! I was kind of looking forward to the blood pact :P hehe

I’ve noticed Bonnie’s posts are always very descriptive, and reading her notes on some of the pu’erhs you sent me I see a lot of things that I tasted in the teas, but wouldn’t have thought of myself

Its great to find such an awesome community here

Bonnie

Wow, Wish I was younger I’d stalk you guys!

Comments

Bonnie

tperez

Haha, I don’t have to perform any kind of blood pact or something, do I? lol :)

mrmopar

Aww, man! I was kind of looking forward to the blood pact :P hehe

Its great to find such an awesome community here

Bonnie

Wow, Wish I was younger I’d stalk you guys!

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL