This pu’erh was bolder in flavor and darker in color than the other samples. It also had considerably more of that pu’erh sweetness to it, and despite being bold it was still mellow. It had strong wood notes of cedar and oak, and also had a distinct “wild mushroom” flavor to it.

Overall I think seemed to be the finest and highest quality of the pu’erhs Mr. Mopar sent me

mrmopar

garret has some fine teas. the only bad thing is he is out of thisone:(. but yunnan sourcing usa has it in stock. garret sent me a sample of this and when i found out he was out i went n a 2 day quest to find and finally did,

Comments

mrmopar

My name is Thomas,

I’ve loved tea and coffee since I was little, but only started getting into the world of high quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, moved back in with my parents as I work and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes. I’m also a nature lover and try to get out to a nice trail or park at least once a week.

My Rating Scale: