Drank the last of my samples from the wonderful Mr. Mopar today. I think raw pu’erh isn’t really my thing. This tea was good but didn’t get me excited to keep drinking it. This tea made a gold-yellow brew with citrus and grape skin flavors that reminded me of a Darjeeling tea.

This had some very large leaves in it, one of them really massive! I felt I had to take a picture of it (with my junky phone camera) which kind of looks like I used instagram filters or something, but that’s just how the pictures on my phone come out haha I drew in the rest, since this this monster of a leaf was only part of it, and the picture quality is pretty bad.

My phone had Instagram before it was cool! lol :P

mrmopar

guess you are a shu pu lover too. i can’t do much of the sheng yet.

Bonnie

I like your instagram! I’m with you. Lovin Shu! Here I go…
There was an old lady who lived in a SHU! She had so much Puerh she didn’t know what to DO! (naw that last part is mrmopar not me)

mrmopar

bonnie you are great and crazy! thats why we love you because you are almost as crazy as me!!!

Haha, love you guys

Bonnie

I just noticed that you want to be a VET. Well, guess where there’s an AWESOME vet school (I mean really awesome), right down the street at Colorado State University! The Horse Research Facility is a block from my house, there are vet students EVERYWHERE! Cool place to be. Hope you consider this school and the tea scene is good too. (Love this town!)

tperez

I’ve heard CSU is a good school, I’d definitely love to go there! Sounds like a great place to be. It’d be nice to have a place like Happy Lucky’s to stop by and get some tea :)

I’m kinda doing some soul searching right now; I’ve always thought I wanted to be a doctor/vet, but but lately I’ve been more and more discouraged by the competitiveness of even getting into vet school… I’ve also always loved music, but been afraid to go into it as a career, and I’ve developed a minor obsession with history… I guess I’ve realized that theres risk and hardship no matter what I end up doing, which kind of scares me. So for now I’m just trying to do my best and figure out where I want to go in life :)

Bonnie

Things do/will change. I was a PE major, then Special Ed. I went to Computer school and was a Systems Analyst, I ran a Call Center for Business Telecom (Apple, HP, Stanford etc.), worked at a Winery, Coached High School Track, was a ComputerTtech off and on. Programmed Central Office Telecom Switches. Point being, in a lifetime, you never know what you’ll end up doing. In my 30+ years I’ve had many adventures. I began in my teens working with disadvantaged children, then after High School I was active in the Civil Rights Movement of the 60’s-70’s.
I put myself through College. No one ever paid my way with loans or any kind of help.
Whatever you choose to study will be of value even if you change course many times. This is where you make your best guess, try to do what you love and take that leap of faith.

Comments

mrmopar

guess you are a shu pu lover too. i can’t do much of the sheng yet.

Bonnie

I like your instagram! I’m with you. Lovin Shu! Here I go…

Haha, love you guys

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL