Wow, I realized I haven’t posted a tasting note (at least not a long one) in quite a while now! I’ve had quite a few new teas and written notes (on paper) about a few of them, but between a general funk that I’ve been in and the impending horror of finals week, I haven’t put anything online.

I made this tea in a gawian for the first time today (for some reason I’d never considered making blacks or greens gong fu until recently) and it’s really nice.

This won’t be a full note, but an “update” I guess with some more things I’ve noticed with this tea:

-One, is that it brews GREAT in a gaiwan! It brought out smoother flavors and lasted more than eight (I lost count) infusions

-Another thing I noticed is that its very creamy for a black tea, definitely no cream needed for this one

-Finally, I noticed some nice melon and milk chocolate flavors in addition to the spice and whiskey flavors I noted last time

Well, now I’ll head back to hitting the books… Wish me luck!

195 °F / 90 °C

KittyLovesTea

Good luck :)

Thanks!

Autumn Hearth

Brewing this gongfu right now and really liking it! Thanks for sending it!

tperez

Awesome, glad you like it!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Good luck! :)

Helena

good luck!

KittyLovesTea

Good luck :)

Thanks!

Autumn Hearth

Brewing this gongfu right now and really liking it! Thanks for sending it!

tperez

Awesome, glad you like it!

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL