This is a fairly large sample from Teavivre (enough for three or maybe four brews) made in my new yixing pot :)

This is a very nice, mellow pu’erh! The flavor isn’t as heavy as the other’s I’ve had, and it seems like it would be a good “introduction” pu’erh with less shock factor than some.

Dry Leaves: The dry leaves have a pleasant and sweet roasted chestnut smell without any compost-yness. Its just nice and roasty, and smells the way I imagine a fully oxidized ti guan yin would. The wet leaves are fairly large.

Brewing: The tea is a nice bright red color, very deep, but not quite is brown/burgundy as the other pu’erhs I’ve tried.

Tasting: The tea is very mild and sweet with flavors of milk chocolate, walnut, buckwheat honey, barley, and roasted mushroom.

200 °F / 93 °C

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL