My brother and his wife (recent tea converts) sent me an Adagio gift card for my birthday! Its nice not being the only teahead in the family, even if they’re living half way across the country :)

Mild, fairly sweet green tea with peach and sugarcane flavors, and a very tiny bit of smokiniess. It smells and tastes pretty fresh, I’d guess either this spring or last autumn. The pearls are really big, about the size of a nickel. I think “Green Dragon Balls” would be a much more suiting name :P

I think these are a pretty new offering from Adagio, since I had to add the tea to the database. Couldn’t seem to copy the picture off the Adagio page to put in the description, though.

Terri HarpLady

When copying pics from a website, I always copy them to my desktop first, & then from there to Steepster. That’s the only way I’ve been able to do it. This sounds kind of interesting!

tperez

Thanks, for some reason I wasn’t able to copy the picture from the site. I just googled a picture of them and was able to copy it from there though

there you go!

Terri HarpLady

BTW, any new tea shops open in the Orlando area? I’m coming down to visit my folks in Apopka next month.

No new tea spots that that I know of :(

There’s Dandelion in downtown, Infusion a bit east, and Dong A Asian market/imports in downtown has a decent selection.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

there you go!

No new tea spots that that I know of :(

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL