drank Green Dragon Pearls by Adagio Teas

My brother and his wife (recent tea converts) sent me an Adagio gift card for my birthday! Its nice not being the only teahead in the family, even if they’re living half way across the country :)

Mild, fairly sweet green tea with peach and sugarcane flavors, and a very tiny bit of smokiniess. It smells and tastes pretty fresh, I’d guess either this spring or last autumn. The pearls are really big, about the size of a nickel. I think “Green Dragon Balls” would be a much more suiting name :P

I think these are a pretty new offering from Adagio, since I had to add the tea to the database. Couldn’t seem to copy the picture off the Adagio page to put in the description, though.

Terri HarpLady

When copying pics from a website, I always copy them to my desktop first, & then from there to Steepster. That’s the only way I’ve been able to do it. This sounds kind of interesting!

tperez

Thanks, for some reason I wasn’t able to copy the picture from the site. I just googled a picture of them and was able to copy it from there though

there you go!

Terri HarpLady

BTW, any new tea shops open in the Orlando area? I’m coming down to visit my folks in Apopka next month.

No new tea spots that that I know of :(

There’s Dandelion in downtown, Infusion a bit east, and Dong A Asian market/imports in downtown has a decent selection.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

there you go!

No new tea spots that that I know of :(

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, working in Orlando Florida and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: