On vacation in Waynesville, NC where my grandparents are renting a place for a 4th of July family get together. Paradise! I’d really like to live in Asheville or somewhere near when I get out of school.

There’s a coffee shop in Waynesville that I always stop by when I’m here, and apparently they started carrying a few Rishi teas. I’ve been hunkered down here all day to get my schoolwork done before the rest of the family gets here.

This is a pretty tasty powdered sencha. Doesn’t make me go “wow” but its a refreshing and easy way to my tea fix :)

There’s a tea house in Asheville that’s supposed to be pretty nice, hopefully I’ll get to visit there sometime this week

Iced
mrmopar

Carolina boy huh? I grew up in west Jefferson outside of Boone.

tperez

Cool! I’ve lived most of my life in Florida, but my grandparents have always lived up here and I usually come up for a while in the summer. I really like the mountains.

mrmopar

Asheville is a very nice place. If you get a chance go to Shatley springs in West Jefferson. It is a really good place to eat and if you look out back across the pond you will see the house my mother grew up in. Your grandparents will probably know about this place. Good down home country cooking.

Tea Sipper

I hope you have fun!

Comments

mrmopar

Carolina boy huh? I grew up in west Jefferson outside of Boone.

tperez

Tea Sipper

I hope you have fun!

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL