drank Emerald Lily by Rishi Tea

Day 3: Riding the mountain hills til my body’s sore, and enjoying the peaces and quite before my crazy cousins and little nephew show up :)

Came down to the coffee shop and decided to try this tea, definitely not my brightest idea… :P This might have been a good tea at some point, but I think the leaves have been sitting around in this coffee shop for way too long.

There’s a bit of plum and seaweed notes, but the overriding flavor I get is raw oyster. It’s drinkable, but pretty bad. I almost never add sweetener to green tea, but adding little honey to this made it taste alright.

My name is Thomas,

I’ve loved tea and coffee since I was little, but only started getting into the world of high quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, moved back in with my parents as I work and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes. I’m also a nature lover and try to get out to a nice trail or park at least once a week.

My Rating Scale: