Back home in Orlando and getting re-settled into a normal routine. I really enjoyed my vacation and escape from the heat, but it was stressful at times with so many people, semi-planned activities, etc. Basically I loved it, but the introvert in me is happy to be back in my own bed :P

Dry leaves: Medium-large cool brown leaves with plump white tips and a velvety shine. Aroma has gotten a bit mixed up in my sheng box, but the aroma is slight tobacco, peach, grass, and old book with a little spice. The cake is loosely packed, but nowhere near falling apart on it’s own.

Brewing: Melow greyish-yellow orange liquer, fairly clear. The wet leaves are long and plump with thick veins. Olive green coloration with a slight purple-red twinge here and there.

1st steep: Slightly brothy, but clean mouth feel. Very sweet and has a fairly ballanced flavor. Peachy with slight tobacco and mushroom notes and greenness. Mild pine resin astringency, little bitterness. Sweet aftertaste lingers a bit after the initial flavor.

3rd: Still peachy and sweet, but bolder with more tobacco flavor and woodyness. Slight charcoal touch, but no smoke. I start to get the qi sensations on the back of my head and I feel focused and steady.

5th: The bolder flavors die down and reveal crisp freshness. Flower bulb, walnut, oak wood, and fresh rain.

7th: Continued freshness, but mellower with heart of palm and red grape notes. Flavor slowly weakens, but I go on to ten steeps.

Really nice sheng! I think this is the best of the YS brand cakes I’ve tried, though the Yiwu Qui Yun is a close second.

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, this one sounds really nice!

mrmopar

sounds like pu of the day!!

tperez

Yup, sure is!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, this one sounds really nice!

mrmopar

sounds like pu of the day!!

tperez

Yup, sure is!

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL