drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

Cleaned up my desk today (gasp!) and found a pile of tasting notes that I hadn’t posted yet :)

Thanks for this sample from Autumn Hearth

The dry leaves are plump, furry golden buds with a deep honey aroma.

1st steep I over-brewed a bit, but the tea was still very mild and smooth. Malty brew with rich brown sugar and yam flavors, and a touch of mineral and linen qualities. Later steeps showed a bit of nutty pistachio flavors, and progressively became richer and creamier with vanilla notes. Towards the end it began to thin out and better display the black peppercorn flavor.

The best part of this tea was its thick, silky, almost syrupy mouthfeel, which really set it apart from other Yunnan blacks for me. Very smooth and creamy.

Very nice tea!

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m 21 and currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a some time off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, jazz, etc., and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: