I tried three of Puerhshop’s MGH bricks, and they were all good. This one and the “Eco Big Tree 1214” especially. The 1214 is definitely the milder and more friendly of the two, ready to sit patiently after ringing your doorbell. This one (the 1206) is much more likely to kick the door down.

The leaves are medium-small for pu’er, fairly uniform and olive green in color. Compression of the brick is medium; higher than a big stone-pressed cake, but nowhere near a large factory tuo-rock. Dry aroma is dried peach/apricot, tobacco, and grass.

The flavor is very penetrating, with a strong menthol coolness. It has the fresh, pure, mineral quality I associate with Lincang, and a flavor like stewed apples and tobacco. It has a powerful, refreshing bitterness and full, sweet mouthfeel. The early steeps have a very slight smokiness, which dissipates later and shows a bit of a floral, grassy side. Very thick and sweet.

Overall, it’s great! When I first got this brick I was newer to sheng I put it aside as being too bitter and brutish, but now I’m thinking about grabbing a brick or two more (and heck, its pretty cheap)

mrmopar

Aging does a brick good!

tperez

Yep! I’m always excited to see how teas will change as they get older

Comments

mrmopar

Aging does a brick good!

tperez

Yep! I’m always excited to see how teas will change as they get older

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about two years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m a 20 year old currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a semester off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m also a music lover. I’ve played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, etc., and also learning sitar and hindustani music.

I also love hiking/camping, Minecraft, Dr. Who, and downhill longboarding :)

My Rating Scale:
95-100 Wow! Praise the gods that be!
90-94 Pretty darn good
80-89 Nice, but either not quite to my tastes or not particularly head turning
70-79 Decent
50-69 Potable… under dire circumstances
0-50: Fifty shades of “blech!” Teas that aren’t worth their weight in pocket lint

Orlando, FL