I tried three of Puerhshop’s MGH bricks, and they were all good. This one and the “Eco Big Tree 1214” especially. The 1214 is definitely the milder and more friendly of the two, ready to sit patiently after ringing your doorbell. This one (the 1206) is much more likely to kick the door down.

The leaves are medium-small for pu’er, fairly uniform and olive green in color. Compression of the brick is medium; higher than a big stone-pressed cake, but nowhere near a large factory tuo-rock. Dry aroma is dried peach/apricot, tobacco, and grass.

The flavor is very penetrating, with a strong menthol coolness. It has the fresh, pure, mineral quality I associate with Lincang, and a flavor like stewed apples and tobacco. It has a powerful, refreshing bitterness and full, sweet mouthfeel. The early steeps have a very slight smokiness, which dissipates later and shows a bit of a floral, grassy side. Very thick and sweet.

Overall, it’s great! When I first got this brick I was newer to sheng I put it aside as being too bitter and brutish, but now I’m thinking about grabbing a brick or two more (and heck, its pretty cheap)

mrmopar

Aging does a brick good!

tperez

Yep! I’m always excited to see how teas will change as they get older

Comments

mrmopar

Aging does a brick good!

tperez

Yep! I’m always excited to see how teas will change as they get older

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m 21 and currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a some time off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, jazz, etc., and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: