drank Black Dragon Pearls by Adagio Teas

I’ve been on a tight budget lately, so I haven’t been buying tea, but as I noticed I was almost out of back teas I found that I had a ton of loyalty points built at Adagio. I’d had their Yunnan Noir before, which was pretty nice, but I decided to go for the more expensive Dragon Pearls and Yunnan Gold. The gold was great, really above my expectations, but these Dragon Pearls are just really bad

I’ve brewed them a few different way now, but even when I brew it strong there’s hardly any flavor. Just hot brown water with a touch of bitterness, and a slight fruity aroma which tastes to me like something it might have picked up from a flavored tea. I’m not sure what to do with the rest of this tea, it’s really not worth drinking.

Boiling
looseTman

A nominee for the hall of shame! Request a refund!

tperez

Yeah I really hate do do that, and they charge a 35% restock fee, but I guess it’s what I’ll have to do

looseTman

“…even when I brew it strong there’s hardly any flavor. Just hot brown water with a touch of bitterness …”

There was nothing wrong with your money. There shouldn’t be anything wrong with their premium-priced Dragon Pearls.

Wow, that’s a very stiff customer-unfriendly restocking fee!

Perhaps if you make Adagio aware of your experience they will promptly remedy this situation to your satisfaction. Most reputable suppliers know that customer satisfaction is the key to their long-term success especially when there’s so much competition from many other tea suppliers.

Cwyn

A ball tea should be hanging onto a lot of flavor. Sounds like this one might have been poorly stored. Like maybe glass jars?

tperez

Yes I would guess that it was stored badly. I’m going to try emailing them to see what they’ll do

looseTman

All of us, your Steepster friends, will be watching (:-) to see if Adagio remedies this situation to your complete satisfaction.

Most reputable tea suppliers want their customers to completely happy with their products and service.

Comments

looseTman

A nominee for the hall of shame! Request a refund!

looseTman

Wow, that’s a very stiff customer-unfriendly restocking fee!

Cwyn

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, working in Orlando Florida and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: