All of the flavors are in perfect balance—earthy, smokey, fruity—an exciting and complex Pu-erh that will be awesome when aged. The dry leaf is unlike any I’ve seen in a green Pu-erh. You can tell that care was taken to preserve the flavors in the large beautiful leaves. Sweeter and more floral than I expected but balanced by a hint of fine leather and cinnamon.

David Duckler

I am glad that you like this one! I am hoping to invest in the remaining tongs of this harvest and age them for as long as possible. I agree about the possibilities over time… I hope that you have just as much fun with the Yabao and Yiwu.

Doug F

David, I’m having a great time working through these samples. Thanks again,
Doug

Comments

David Duckler

Doug F

David, I’m having a great time working through these samples. Thanks again,
Doug

I love tea and living in a place that is cold or cool nine months of the year, tea is a constant source of warmth and education. I always drink tea straight and rarely drink flavored teas or Tisanes, except for the occasional Rooibos. I’m a proud father of two young boys, an avid skier, motorcyclist, reader, and runner. I have a doctorate in English (dissertation on Emily Dickinson.)

Maine