Today’s first cup really grabbed me. I was initially confronted with a very clean flavor.I thought there must have been an error in packaging the samples in that there were none of the charcoal characteristics I have read about.Almost sweet,and green to be sure.And yet within a few sips I had changed my mind two or three times.Though I still detect green It is intermingled with a,not so much nutty,but barley note.theres an undercurrent of sweetness Second steeping I bumped time up thirty seconds and it sure brought the barley to the surface and diminished the green aspect.Still that hint of sweet,maybe more in the aroma than anything else.Very enjoyable,one I might drink regularly. Tune playing; Green Onions by BOOKER T&The M G’s…classic
Bonnie

Oh boy do I remember that song from High School! I had to judge members trying out for the a sqad that performed with the cheer leaders and every routine used the same song…Green Onions. Over and over and over. I can do the routine to this day and I’m 64!

Comments

Bonnie

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States