Revision, one of my first notes;
Dry leaf smells beautiful and somewhat spicy. Color is a nice amber. Flavor immediately displayed a sweet current, which coupled with it’s boldness is a nice mix. After a few moments the tea gains the slight malty aspect I hadn’t picked up on a moment before.
Second steep; Still very smooth and the sweetness is definitely present in the aftertaste. This is a quenching drink leaving my mouth ever ready for the next sip.
This is the kind of black tea I could enjoy all the time. Clean, not too heavy yet bold and full of flavor, sweet notes but not artificial tasting.
This sample originally came to me from Pureleaf, but may have resurfaced in the sampler I bought from LiberTEAS (which I still suggest that all fellow newbie drinkers to get one of these to help you in your tea learning journey), not sure so thanks to you both!
Tune;none aside from that of one of my sons practicing his newly acquired xylophone.

gmathis

Did you acquire a healthy stock of Advil to accompany said xylophone? (I can’t say much…played bells in high school marching band. Banged ’em so hard my teeth hurt.)

Rebecca Lynn

Ooh, I think I have a little xylophone around my house somewhere. Hitting the high notes actually, literally hurt my ears. It was troubling.

tunes&tea

Me being a lover of music to the degree I am I actually encourage almost all of the ‘noise’ that is made, save the blatant banging out of boredom…that was alot of b’s.

Comments

gmathis

Rebecca Lynn

tunes&tea

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States