Revised note;
Dropped the temp to 185. I had this tea AGAIN tonight yet didn’t remember that I had it before until I saw my score on the Steepster reviews page. It’s funny to go back and see what I was writing my first few days of being on here. I don’t see anything that I think is wrong, just not enough of it. I shall correct…
Normally I like to do my tasting withn a fresh palate before eating (not sure if it makes a difference), but today I could not help myself. I made my wife scrambled eggs with sweet onions, sweet banana peppers, jalepeno, and tomatoes (Mr Stripey/Ruckers) all pulled fresh from the garden. Wow fresh is good. Only wish I woulda grabbed the brown eggs I considered stopping for the other day.
On with the tea. Pale green color. Unfurling brought good sized leaves. Nice aroma that I soon found hinted at taste to follow. Initially I was impressioned with a green, but not grassy, slightly minty flavor. There were delicate notes of floral sweetness and little to no astringency. The buttery creaminess was so good and it hung with me for a little bit, coating my mouth and leaving a pleasant aftertaste indeed.
Second steeping the sweet remained though not as sharp or minty. The creaminess was still present too. The flavor became bolder but the astrigency remained nuetral. It’s very refreshing and, truthfully, hard to put down. I ended up steeping this one maybe 7 times, backing off the amount of water and bumping up the duration a little each time. I found it to change slightly each time with the final cup leaving me with a salty soup like flavor that was still holding on to a touch of the sweet notes. A splendid drink I would suggest to anyone.
Tune;The Glorious 9th,by Ludwig Van
I did not listen to this tonight, we were actually playing the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Edition of-Risk, though I left it to see if anyone knows what I meant by it…

Claire

Beethoven’s 9th, I’m assuming?

Kittenna

You want to see if anyone knows what you mean by the tune you posted?? Beethoven’s 9th? I’m confused :P

Rebecca Lynn

Clockwork Orange!

Charles Thomas Draper

Try cold-brewing this one

tunes&tea

BRAVO! Rebecca Lynn!

Kittenna

Interesting! I was thinking that there’s no way you were fishing for just what I wrote :D

meliorate

Milk oolongs are so delicious, aren’t they?

Comments

Claire

Beethoven’s 9th, I’m assuming?

Rebecca Lynn

Clockwork Orange!

Charles Thomas Draper

Try cold-brewing this one

tunes&tea

BRAVO! Rebecca Lynn!

meliorate

Milk oolongs are so delicious, aren’t they?

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States