As the description listed this pu’erh is quite smooth. The dry leaf has a pleasant aroma that is devoid of any earthy,aqautic,or vegetive notes. Instead I find it to be floral and sweet. The liquor is the wine like red, with a touch of brown,that I’ve found common with all of the pu’erhs I’ve tasted. It’s flavor has an earthy sweetness about it, with the sweet lingering notably in my palate. I detect a hint of something minty, though I’m not sure what, maybe spearmint. This will be the second time in a week that I’ve denoted a toothpaste- minty fresh kind of flavor. The drink is refreshing with not enough astringency to make mention of. This could be an ideal pu’erh to replace any bad experience someone could’ve had with pu’erhs in the past.I’m really enjoying this one, and I’m on my fourth steeping at the time of the writing. Thanks Puerhshop.com!Great cuppa!

tunes=Mumford and Sons(yes more Mumford)-White Blank Page/Thistle and Weeds/
Dust Bowl Dance/After the Storm/I Gave You All/Liar.

Doug F

I should receive my pu erh shop order tomorrow. Looking forward to some new pu erhs. Are you an Avett Brothers fan as well?

tunes&tea Starting to dig Avett Bros, just got learned ’bout ’em. Serious sound they got, lotsa talent.
Thomas Edward(Toad)

This is a nice cup of tea, I like Mumford and Sons also my favs is the Cave and Little lion man :)

Comments

Doug F

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States