I just got a box in the mail. The box came from LiberTEAS. For those of you who don’t know she puts awesome samplers together that she sells on her website. More importantly ,for those of you who don’t know she only had one left and is too busy to make more for a little while and I got the last one. It’s sweet.

Nahnahnabooboo!
Enough with the immaturity. I now have to give a proper tasting note on Steenbergs Milky Oolong. I haven’t had this tea for 3-4 weeks. I wrote a note off memory just because it was my first favorite tea. I got a little more from LiberTEAS ( thank you sooo much! ) and so now can write a note as I sip, properly.
Dry leaf smell is fruity and floral, my mind jumps to-DESSERT.Leaves are slow to unfurl and the fruity notes start to intensify once infused. Liquor is a pale golden color. The first drink you can’t help but notice the sweet fruity taste, for me it’s something between strawberries and blueberries. It’s literally hard to believe this flavor comes naturally with no additives. There’s really no astringency and my mouth actually waters while I drink this magical oolong. I tap my feet through 4 more steepings, increasing the time 15 seconds each one, it’s still a testament of amazing deliciousity. This would be a good tea for someone who typically sweetens to go ‘oh naturale’. Before ending this note I must also thank Pureleaf for suggesting I drop my temp from boiling to 190 degrees thereby encouraging the full potential of flavor to be released. I was happy with it before, yet when making this change there was a distinct increase in it’s sweetness.
Tapping my foot to Silly Wizard-a celtic/gaelic band from the 70’s&80’s. The set was Fisherman’s Song/Isla Waters/Parish Of Dunkeld/Twa Brithers.

julesbean

I’m going to check this out. I’m on a major milk oolong kick! Thanks for the great review! If you know of any other really nice milk oolongs, please let me know!

Comments

julesbean

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States