My many thanks go out to Azz for this sample which came in an incredibly awesome care package, she is ‘the man’,er…uh…you know what I mean. So I steeped this up and my mouth was watering. I mean, who doesn’t like vanilla. Add to that the residual giddiness I still have after opening my package from Azz (there was even a cool little adjustable measuring spoon and a spongy biscuit that I believe to be Mr Bill and teas that convince me she has telepathic powers).
Then the phone rang. ARGH!…and it was important.
So between distracted sips I can tell you I got some vanilla. It tastes buttery and creamy, though mouthfeel(TeaEqualsBliss word) is not creamy- it’s a little astringent. If you’ve read many of my notes I’m picky about astringency so this may not be a factor to many of you. Also, it’s not super dry/bitter or anything like that, just a little dryness on the tongue.
There’s a sweetness on the inside of my cheeks, which is where the lingering sweet aftertaste is as well. I seem to taste a bit of nutmeg coming through. I still can’t get over how much vanilla I taste, I can’t imagine adding sugar to this already sweet drink.
Luckily for me this is one of those cases where I have enough left to do another note later. My appologies that this note is a flop, I am disappointed at getting a phone call and I’m sure it shows.
tunes-Eddie Vedder=*Satellite/Gauranteed/Society/Long Nights
Into The Wild soundtrack *live with a ukulele.His solo work is folky and nice and moody.

Azzrian

:) So happy you enjoyed it!

Della Terra Teas

Sharing the love of tea is awesome to see and it’s great to see everyone sharing and passing along teas to try. Thanks for the review and thanks Azzrian for sharing us to others:)

CupofTree

Yeesss… Into the wild.

Comments

Azzrian

:) So happy you enjoyed it!

Della Terra Teas

CupofTree

Yeesss… Into the wild.

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States