Serious edit!!!
THANK YOU AZZ FOR THIS WONDERFUL SAMPLE. Please forgive that slip. In a rush to get through some notes I spaced the most important part. Then after that I grabbed some teas without researching what I was drinking and made three in a row I had already done notes on. Better luck today.

I’m going to try to do several short notes to catch up on all the samples I’ve recieved from several of you generuos tea lovers out there.

Golden pale color. Smell fantasticly of coconuts. The drink first only hints of coconut, but rather plays with my palate with notes of vanilla and maybe nutmeg. The coconut slowly makes it’s presence known, but he brings a floral friend with him. The creamy smooth mouthfeel is probably the most prominent feature. This stuff is good. I could drink it all day, but I suspect I won’t get too many steepings in that the second has already lost some of the crisper notes. It’s still good, just not as grabbing as the first infusion.
tunes-Dave Mathews&Tim Reynolds=Typical Situation/Ants Marching/Warehouse/Jimi Thing

Donna A

This one is nice iced by itself, or mixed with a good black tea.

MissMylin

This sounds amazing! I’m going to have to get my hands on some :)

MissMylin

Oy vay! A $20 order would cost me $30 in shipping!! What the heck?!? Guess I won’t be trying this anytime soon :(

CrowKettle

I miss this tea so much! Your note is yet another reason why I should stop putting off ordering more. At least I still have my old tin of four months ago which still “smells fantasticly of coconuts”. :/

Azzrian

Awee Im sorry I missed this! I was just going to note my sipdown of this tea – I am so glad you enjoyed it! :)

Comments

Donna A

This one is nice iced by itself, or mixed with a good black tea.

MissMylin

This sounds amazing! I’m going to have to get my hands on some :)

CrowKettle

Azzrian

Another revision…
My name is Dave. I enjoy shu pu’erhs, but starting to branch toward shengs. I drink darker oolongs daily, though I’ve been finding greener types that have less grassy astringency that I’m very happy with. And finally, some black teas are making it into my cup somewhat regularly.

I still have much to learn and welcome all of the suggestions sent my way. I’m also thankful for the many samples sent to me and without them would not have learned what I have thus far. Now that I’ve had several types of tea to try I’ve came to realize that I’m picky and much prefer traditional teas as opposed to blends, though there are still some that grab me.

I’m a wimp when it comes to astringency so take anything I say about this characteristic with a grain of salt(ASTRINGENCY WEENIE MAN, or AWM for short).

Other ramblings;
About tunes; I, like many, love them. I like adding them to my notes, but I feel like if someone were let’s say knitting or painting or reading a book that it would help the readers to get a better feel for how the writer may be impressioned about his environment toward his tea experience.
I wish I would have paid more attention to the grammer teachers so many years ago and not doodling band insignias. I should revisit the proper use of commas for starters, which I love.
I also love, and probably over use, parenthesis (the use of them may be a second personality coming to surface).
I’m a two finger typer and it may take me over an hour to write a note between my typing and creating a musical environment to write a ‘proper’ note with.
I try to PM everyone who follows/return follows me a hello and an offer of suggestions on what I’ve came across on Steepster. I was a little lost at first and almost quit so I’ve taken it upon myself to help others get through the first day. I plan to write a discussion on this topic.
If you’ve not listened to the enchanting stories about Dave and Morley go to ‘The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart Mclean’ website and listen to a podcast or two. Many of the Canadians on here I’ve asked had, yet surprisingly many had not heard of it.

Indiana,United States