drank Darjeeling 1st Flush by Rishi Tea

This tea was a light black. It was also very slightly sweet reminiscent of an Oolong yet with the distinctive Darjeeling taste. There was also a slight metallic taste. I was surprised that I liked the second flush more. There weren’t as many things to note in this tea.

Cofftea

metalic…?

Keemun

How do you infuse your tea? With a tea egg, filters or loose in the pot/cup?
Try to lower the water temperature to 85 degrees Celcius and infuse for 4 min.
In case you plan to add milk go a bit higher with your portioning of tea leafs and go up to 5-5.30min steeping time.
Still metallic ? Than add a few drops of lemon.

…lemon of course only if drunk without milk

Tyler

I had this one at a coffee and tea shop. I noticed Rishi doesn’t have it available on their website. So I think I’m going to go back and see if I can buy some since it seems to be hard to get ahold of. It was brewed in a large tea filter but if would either brew it in a tea mesh strainer in a cast iron pot or use a French press, of course without pressing the leafs so the leafs can the fullest flavor when steeping. The metallic taste wasn’t very noticeable. What I tasted wasn’t what I would normally call “metallic” but it was the closest thing I could think of to describe it. I normally don’t like to add stuff to my tea but i think a few drops of lemon juice would have done some good.

Keemun

…honestly, I never had a good cup of tea outside in a restaurant. They always taste kind of stale to me.Haha…yes, or maybe metallic

Comments

Cofftea

metalic…?

Keemun

How do you infuse your tea? With a tea egg, filters or loose in the pot/cup?
Try to lower the water temperature to 85 degrees Celcius and infuse for 4 min.
Still metallic ? Than add a few drops of lemon.

…lemon of course only if drunk without milk