drank Ceylon OP1 by Teas Etc

I’ve had some Ceylon teas that I’ve really enjoyed in the past, particularly the first Ceylon I tried Ceylon Neeraja from Teavana. So that set the bar for most other Ceylon teas I’ve had.

I steeped this tea for two minutes and it seemed a bit too long. The tea came out a bit strong. Although I redeemed it by putting a teaspoon of milk in my cup. This tea takes milk very well. I love the smell. It has a sweet barky smell to it. I enjoy the malty taste but right now it’s just too strong. I have to make a new pot of this and either steep a smaller amount of tea or lower the time.

TeaEqualsBliss

Question for you…how much Loose Leaf did you use and in what sized cup for a 2 min infusion!? I tend to oversteep and go over with the amount and I that it was a little on the light side…would love to see/taste that bolder flavor if I can get it!?

Tyler

I used 4 teaspoons of tea. The leafs are thin and wiry. So when I put two teaspoons into the tea strainer it seemed like it wasn’t enough. So I added more. I’ll do a two minute steep time and just do 2 teaspoons. Next time.

Tyler

Also It was in a 2 1/2 cup tea pot.

TeaEqualsBliss

I think I used a about 1.5 T for the 8-ounce cup I had…or so…

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Tyler

Also It was in a 2 1/2 cup tea pot.

TeaEqualsBliss

I think I used a about 1.5 T for the 8-ounce cup I had…or so…

Sacramento, California