drank Crimson Grove by Mellow Monk

Taste is pretty mellow- not a ton going on- I feel like I don’t have to think about the taste much (unlike say a Yunnan black).

Good but not mind blowing. It’s $19 for 100g and worth a try just because it’s a Japanese black and it’s from Mellow Monk. I dig them.

MM recommends steeping for 2-3 minutes, then 1 minute for the next two steeps. I found the 2/3 steeps to be a bit light for my tastes at only 1 minute. But then again, this is a different kind of black so the experience is meant to be different.

I need to spend some more time with this but I probably won’t be buying it again.

Geoffrey Norman

Very curious about this one.

Brian

Go for it. I definitely don’t want to discourage others when I say I probably won’t buy it again. It is a good tea. Also, they have a 20% off coupon they posted on Reddit that’s good until January : MELLOWREDDITOR

Geoffrey Norman

Awesome, thanks! And don’t worry, I’m not discouraged. I like MMs stuff quite a bit. I’ve had the Top Leaf and powdered guricha they put out. Quite wonderful.

Comments

Geoffrey Norman

Very curious about this one.

Brian

Geoffrey Norman

I’m a wedding photographer, I make beer, roast coffee, and I drinky the tea.

I recently started www.TeaCoupons.net – a site where I aggregate online deals for all things tea. I also have a tea blog at www.uncouthpalate.com (but I haven’t updated it in a while).

Atlanta, GA