drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

I threw this on a pot before my night was slated to start and while waiting I casually inhaled the aroma of the bag. It smelled promising and it would be my first introduction to white tea so I kept my hopes up. What it ended up being was something subpar to my tastebuds.

I noticed immediately a bitter aftertaste. That usually does not bode well for me. After that it tasted so forgettable that I added a dreaded cube of sugar. That turned it into an even less impressive cup. After being disappointed I set it aside. A coworker expressed interest in it so I was happy to possibly swap it but overall I would not rebuy it. I won’t judge other white teas on it but I wish it was more exciting to me. The name was lovely!

tigress_al

This works much better brewed at only 90degrees for 4 minutes if you want to try it again!

Comments

tigress_al

I’m 24 years old and female. I used to be in university as a History Major but I gave it up to be a Laboratory Technician at a coal mine. My days are long and switch to nights many a time but I always bring 3 bags of tea with me to enjoy and have fun with.

When I’m not breaking my back over coal I spend my time in my room with my two cats playing video games until the sun comes up and watching a variety of movies, most of which are Disney or are animated in some way.

When it comes to tea, I have a fierce loyalty to DAVIDsTEA as they treated me right and garnered my respect. For the most part I am focusing on them but I take other Canadian Tea companies into mind and hopefully can expand my cupboard with them.

I currently have no tea rating guides but if I indicate I bought a Tin or will store a Tin constantly on my shelf, it usually means I will be hopelessly devoted to it.

My other interests include collection Starbucks cups, listening to Deadmau5, and watching far too many BBC shows.

Canada