drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Strange that I am pretty sure I didn’t love this the first time I tried it. Or perhaps I did, but I may have gotten it confused with DT’s Birthday Cake tea, which to me just tastes purely of rooibos, which I don’t love. I was a huge fan when they came out with their original cake teas, including Birthday Cake (meh), Ice Cream cake (very artificial but also pretty true to the intent!) and, my personal favorite, Chocolate Cake.

I figured that the whole world would agree with me that Chocolate Cake (hereby known as “CC”) was the clear winner of the three, I was wrong! DT ended up keeping the Bday Cake as a permanent tea instead, and so I was left clinging to the rest of my CC Tin.

Until now! I know this Red Velvet Cake has existed for awhile, but clearly “David” took the original CC mix and ran with it! Now THIS is a definite winner. I am still a novice when it comes to writing these reviews and as far as being able to taste different notes within a single tea, however this one is easy. I swear I can taste the frosting! And somehow it is cream cheese frosting! It’s definitely a good chocolatey tea, not in a gross fake way. I will try some more of my beloved CC tea later to compare, but I’m so glad this one is permanent! I can see this being a great craving killer, it really tastes like dessert! It is VERY sweet. I’m drinking it straight up and followed the steeping directions on the bag.

I’m actually drinking it for breakfast as we speak, which is kind of sick. I have never denied my sweet tooth though. Incidentally i am also in the middle of making homemade mayo for some deviled eggs to bring to a gathering later, and just in case you were wondering, as far as smell goes, mayo and chocolate tea do NOT mix.

To summarize, another win!