Hmm. This is the first “plain” regular old tea of Davidstea that I have tried,
I had two other darjeelings in my life, Twinings and a random bag of Darvilles of Windsor, which seemed pretty fancy.

I actually think I prefer the Twinings over DT’s Darjeeling, but I can’t recall if the Twinings is “second flush” or not, I guess that makes a difference. EDIT ok, so I just looked up the ratings of the Twinings version and I guess it sucks?? I will have to do a taste test at some point, as I said I’m really not qualified to rate Darjeelings, so take this review as you will :) *

I steeped it as per the directions, and I did a second steep which was not as good as the first but definitely doable.

I am far from a connoisseur of darjeelings, (or even breakfast blends and such classic staples), but I think this one was pretty good. I don’t feel it is a tea I would keep stocked, I only bought it as a sample pack on sale for 50 cents. My opinion is biased as I definitely prefer the more flavorful dessert teas over ones like this. Maybe I will come back to this in the future with more experience and more insight :)

Indigobloom

try steeping at a slightly lower temperature. I find it really makes a difference with Darjeelings! :)