Hmm. This is the second oolong tea I have tried recently, so I think I can officially say I know what oolong tastes like. It tastes good. The first one I tried (consciously i mean, because a few of my other teas are oolong but it has been awhile) was Vanilla Orchid, which I lovvvvve.

The thing with this tea is that though it is nummy, it tastes mostly like oolong to me. That being said, I’ve never had an unflavored oolong so I’m probably wrong on that. I guess the thing is that I cannot really get a banana flavor out of this tea, whereas with the Vanilla Orchid, it’s clearly vanilla.

As a disclaimer, I’m not a huge fan of banana flavored anything, at least not artificial banana flavors (incidentally I feel the same about apple flavors). Now on the bag it states “banana” and “natural flavor” as 2 of the ingredients, I don’t know if the “natural flavor” comes from a banana or not. Maybe if it was “artificial” it would be more bananariffic. Anyhow, this tea is tasty, but I don’t need to own it because I own Vanilla Orchid which I way prefer.

The only banana flavored thing that ever really turned my crank was that yellow medicine we used to get as kids, I think they no longer make it, which is sad. Back in MY day, it was like “you’re sick, we are going to have to go to the doctor to get some medicine.”

GREAT, would this by any chance be a sickness curable with Banana Medicine???”

Kids today are missing out.

To summarize, tasty, yeah, super bananariffic? Not really. I prefer DT’s Vanilla Orchid oolong though.

Someday I will try a plain unflavored oolong and edit this note accordingly :)

(brewed as per the directions but I don’t find it overly flavorful!!)