Edit – lots of exclamation points to follow…

Not to be dramatic, but if I was forced to only drink one kind of tea for the rest of my life, (the horror!!), this would probably be it.

In the interest of full disclosure, this is the only loose leaf Earl Grey tea I’ve tried.

However, before Davidstea opened up in my city, my favourite tea of all time was Tetley’s Earl Grey Vanilla. Looking at reviews on that, apparently it’s not very good according to the standards of tea connoisseurs, but it will always have a place in my heart (and in my cupboard, for those easy teabag sorts of days).

Then one day I decided to try something at Davidstea which didn’t classify as a dessert blend. This was it. I expected it to be fairly similar to the Tetley one, boy was I wrong!

It was like a flavour explosion in my mouth! So creamy and just the perfect amount of vanilla sweetness to balance off the delicious bergamot! I steep it usually twice per perfect spoonful, as per the directions. It’s good straight up but I almost always add a bit of cream (no watered down milk for this girl!)

Compared to the Tetley version this tea blew my mind, I will never not have a tin, at home and at work!!

(Would love to try some other brands’ versions of this sometime to compare!)

Chizakura

Hehe, you’re just like me, went from Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla (which was my favorite tea back in my teabag days) to this one which I ADORE. :D

Comments

Chizakura

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada