drank SoHo Blend by Harney & Sons

I’m drinking my second steep of this right now so I will have to update later once I have a fresh sachet of this. 98 degrees C but for 3 minutes or so, probably could have done longer.

Second steep is obviously weaker, but I was still impressed at how full bodied it was.

After being spoiled by DavidsTea’s dessert blends, this one falls a little short in my opinion. It’s not the strongest tasting chocolate coconut tea I’ve ever had, but it is good. I’d say the best chocolate tea I’ve tried so far is Davidstea’s Red Velvet Cake, which doesn’t have coconut in it but is very flavorful.

After reading other reviews for this one I decided to add a bit of cream and sugar (coconut sugar) to this cup, it really did enhance the flavors! I can taste the chocolate and coconut much better, and the creaminess of the vanilla. I bet drinking the first steep like this would be even better .

Based on that I would rate it well, but with other dessert teas I’ve tried, they tasted true to name without adding anything, so that has to bring the rating down a bit.

I do like the base of this, as with all Harney and Sons black teas I’ve tried.

I would consider buying some of this loose, to refill my tin later. I purchased the sachets because i love the pretty tin they came in!

ETA: when I opened my tin for the very first time and stuck my nose in, it was like smelling heaven! Too bad it didn’t quite taste as amazing. But the small amount of cream and sugar really brought out the taste so i am enjoying this one and would probably buy again :)

Lala

I have never heard of coconut sugar. Sounds really good!

whatshesaid

It’s made from the coconut palm leaf I think, anyhow it’s a “healthier” alternative to real sugar and doesn’t taste too different! Similar to brown sugar I think :)