Bought the sample of this at Davidstea for 50 cents the other day, since oolongs are my new gimmick, and my journey into “straight tea territory” is hesitant – one small step at a time. Seemed like a good way to try this one.

So far, the only other straight oolong I’ve had is also from Davidstea, the Quangzhou Milk Oolong, which I lovvvvvved. I’m hoping someone will take a hint and get me a DT gift card to make my shite 30th bday a little less shite. I digress.

Prep: 92 degrees for five min.

In comparison to the milk oolong, I like this less. It IS good, I just don’t think I would buy it, I’m just not THERE yet. It’s more vegetal, but way less creamy and not nearly as buttery as the others I have tried (flavored ones included), which are the predominant characteristics i love most about oolongs thus far.

Honestly the more I sip, the more I think that if Popeye asked me for a tea recommendation I’d give him this, because I feel like I’m drinking spinach water :/

I am looking forward to trying more straight oolongs (especially milk oolongs) in the future though! If I was forced to drink this as a straight tea I wouldn’t complain, I just don’t ever need to own it….I prefer my spinach steamed with a load of butter, salt and pepper.

I like that DT offers these little samples to try!