Crap, this is really good.

I feel like I’m about to break my first love’s heart but I gotta do it – this is better than Davidstea’s Read My Lips.

There, I said it.

The other day I drank some Swiss Mountain (also Della Terra) that I received in a swap (didn’t review it yet), and I was pretty meh about it. I thought to myself “Self, you never have to buy this because Read My Lips is way better!” In reality they’re probably pretty similar, I will have to compare. Anyway, so then I ordered an oz of this.

When I got it yesterday I thought to myself “Self, why did you order this? It’s probably really similar to Read My Lips and you already love Read My Lips so what were you thinking??”

Then I re-read the description which includes the words “Vanilla Mint” and I was like OH YEAH, THAT’S WHY.

So, I was doing the sniff test last night, between this and Read My Lips (Swiss Mountain is at work), and this smells WAY creamier thanks to the vanilla. I had to make a cup of this before bed because I couldn’t wait to try it. I’m drinking it again but it’s not really a re-steep because I added a bunch more leaves since the mug I have is twice the size of the dainty little frou frou one I used last night.

I might have to buy more. It TASTES almost like a Shamrock Shake. You know, the sweet green chemical concoction that McDonald’s releases every year around this time? Except obviously better. The balance between all the flavours seems pretty spot on. I need it to cool down a bit but it’s already great.

I am really pleased with this. I’m all over vanilla and therefore the addition of such means Read My Lips has been bumped. Sorry old friend!

jessiwrites

Have you had Santa’s Secret? I am curious how these would compare. I love Santa’s Secret.

whatshesaid

I LOVE Santa’s Secret, it’s one of my faves! I will have to compare. I can’t remember if there’s chocolate in that one though, I don’t think so!

jessiwrites

No, there is no chocolate in Santa’s Secret, it’s just mint and vanilla, I believe. But I very much dislike Read My Lips, so I’m just wondering which one this is more similar to. :P

whatshesaid

ohh I see. You can definitely taste the chocolate in this! It’s probably a cross between Read My Lips and Santa’s Secret. Depends what you hate about RML I suppose!

Alphakitty

I feel like once I get my ounce of this (which is waiting patiently at my parents’ house) I am going to have to make a Shamrock Shake with it. Steel your milk with this tea, add in some ice cream… yummm

Fjellrev

Good to know! I ordered both this and Swiss Mountain in my last order but only tried the latter so far. I like it but yeah, basically RML.

one of the first teas i feel in love with when i was a tea newb was Read my Lips. Discovered The Persimmon Tree’s mint chocolate which was similar, as well as a few others. a few months later after trying teas from everywhere but david’s tea, went back to Read my lips and now i don’t like it lol. Funny how tastebuds and preferences change. it’s great!

whatshesaid

Funny how that works! I’m the same way, on one hand it’s a bit sad but cool to know my tastes are expanding accordingly )

Comments

jessiwrites

Alphakitty

Fjellrev

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada