drank Florence by Harney & Sons

It makes me sad to rate this. Everyone else rated it so highly, but I find it absolutely does NOT taste like dessert. It’s bitter, and I have to force myself to steep it a second time just because I’m too cheap to throw out leaves that still have ‘juice’ in them. I want to swap this all away for something more on my page. I don’t taste any flavor in this.. if the bitterness is supposed to be hazelnut, yuck.

I will try adding cream and sugar I suppose. Otherwise I can’t see me willingly drinking this.
I’m trying really hard to be a tea person who enjoys tea for tea, and I suppose Harney & Sons’ teas are supposed to be of fair quality (am I wrong??) with subtle flavoring vs snowflake shaped sprinkles, fake flavoring and whatnot, but if this is what subtlety or quality tastes like then I’ll stick with the greasy sprinkles and chemical additives.

Try steeping it with water just under boiling, and try 2.5 mins

Also never be afraid to rate things the way you feel about a tea! Just cause others enjoy it doesn’t mean everyone will :)

whatshesaid

I know, I just feel it’s because I’m not ‘qualified’ enough to be complaining about something just for being what it is! Or like everyone who ever reviewed it talked amongst themselves and decided to lie about how good it is so that I’d buy some and hate it. haha.

Marcel Duchamp

Sil is right. Everyone has different tastes, never be ashamed of your opinion. To be honest, I think milk and sugar may help as well. I’m still learning about tea and sometimes I like what the majority likes and other times I disagree. And I’m sure you can swap with someone, if you still don’t like the tea.

Comments

Try steeping it with water just under boiling, and try 2.5 mins

whatshesaid

Marcel Duchamp

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada