Thanks to Stacy at Butiki for a sample of this!

I had been excited to try it, pie and coconut are two of my favorite things ever so that in a tea sounded great.

I’m always wary of rooibos because I don’t love it. I love some rooibos teas but only the ones that are self aware enough to know that they are much better off hanging out in the background…not the over confident ones that think they could carry a tea.

(Some I love – all of Della Terra’s lemon/lime ones, their Blueberry Creme, and Davidstea Alpine Punch)

This is one of those cocky rooibos, it takes over. I knew the second I smelled it that this would be the case, because all I smell is rooibos. Stacy’s flavored teas are quite subtle and so far from what I’ve tried that worked out, but in this case the flavor is lost underneath the rooibos. For me, that’s bad, because I’m not a rooibos fan.

I can say that it was pretty damn creamy though. I just would have preferred it as a black or maybe with the Frost Oolong!

Glad I got try it anyway, now I can officially scratch it off the list.

(brewed as per Butiki’s directions)

Now I will go back to drooling over Andrew McCarthy in Pretty in Pink!

TastyBrew

Ha. My feelings toward rooibos exactly. And Andrew McCarthy for that matter :-)

TastyBrew

And not gonna lie, I do love me some spader.

whatshesaid

Yessss Spader!!

Starfevre

I’m confused, spander? The only spander I’m familiar with is Spike/Xander from BtVS…

TastyBrew

James Spader. 80’s teen/20 something movie star. Now smoldering older man :-)

Starfevre

Daniel Jackson! Oh, I understand now, yes I do.

Comments

TastyBrew

Ha. My feelings toward rooibos exactly. And Andrew McCarthy for that matter :-)

TastyBrew

And not gonna lie, I do love me some spader.

whatshesaid

Yessss Spader!!

TastyBrew

James Spader. 80’s teen/20 something movie star. Now smoldering older man :-)

Starfevre

Daniel Jackson! Oh, I understand now, yes I do.

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada