drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

Ok, maybe I’m losing my mind.

I received this from Ellyn awhile ago and haven’t logged it until now. I had a cup of it when I first got it, but I guess I forgot to really take note of the details.

I made some more tonight, and my mind was blown because it tasted exactly like a version of Monk’s Blend to me. (The two Monk’s Blend I’ve tried so far were from different brands and had slightly different tastes). Is that what this is? I haven’t skimmed down for the earlier reviews of this particular tea but this info was irrelevant to me the first time I drank it, now I feel it really compares to those other two teas, since I’ve gotten a taste.

Anyway, it’s creamy and fruity but there’s something unique about it. I am telling you it tastes like Monk’s Blend. I love Monk’s Blend!

Thanks for the sample, Ellyn!

Marco Polo = strawberry heh ill drink that but not monks blend :)

whatshesaid

I’m sure I’d notice the difference if I drank both side by side, but they’re pretty similar in my mind!! Maybe next time I’ll have a bit of each to compare.

I’m half asleep at the moment but remind me and I can likely point to a few others you might really enjoy along the same sort of tea

Comments

Marco Polo = strawberry heh ill drink that but not monks blend :)

whatshesaid

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada