drank Gui Fei Oolong by Butiki Teas

Whoa!! What is this delicious devil juice?

ETA

I know I should qualify this tasting note, and have been thinking about it, but the thing is I’m not entirely sure what to say, specifically.

When I was drinking it, I was trying really hard to notice all the flavors that supposedly come out to say hello, but as per usual my tastes are just not that refined.

So you might be wondering why I liked it so much. Reason is, it is a straight up tea, but it tastes like a flavored tea. Even though I cannot discern what the flavors are, exactly. I’ve tried a few of those along the way, so my basis for comparison is limited. It reminded me of a more subtle and less roasty version of Laoshan Black, which I realize isn’t the same type of tea at all, but that’s also a straight tea that magically has a bunch of flavour.

It’s sweet and multifaceted and would be a great tea to start the day with.

I would totally order this, so it’s going on my Butiki wishlist.
Steepster, you may just make a refined tea drinker out of me yet!

Thank you to the awesome Sil for sending me this to try. Win!

So glad you enjoyed this one :)

Haha. I would have laughed more if you’d just left it at the first line. :P

Cavocorax

Also, I’m happy you didn’t because that oolong does sound pretty awesome. I might have to try it!

TheTeaFairy

Love when that happens! Some teas are and feel special regardless if you’re a «refined» tea drinker or not:-) I remember when I started drinking wine, I felt intimidated and unsure about what I was supposed to taste an identify. Then an expert told me that no matter how sophisticated it might be, what really makes it a good wine is if you like it or not… I think this applies for tea as well :-)

whatshesaid

I had left it at the first line since Friday but thought people might want to know a bit more ;)

It is really good! Very unique :)

Comments

So glad you enjoyed this one :)

Haha. I would have laughed more if you’d just left it at the first line. :P

TheTeaFairy

whatshesaid

It is really good! Very unique :)

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada