drank Toasted Walnut by DAVIDsTEA

In the mood for one of my old school Davidstea favorites. I was going to have Buttered Rum but it’s seriously putrid. Completely rotten. I’m actually going to bring what’s left of my bag to the store to make them smell it. Haha. I need more. But clearly coconut tea doesn’t last that long.

Had this instead, I used to like it even when I didn’t know to not make it with boiling water. So now it’s extra good. Reminds me a bit of the plain Genmaicha I have (not from Davidstea).

I don’t notice much besides the nuts and sencha though. No coconut and no pineapple taste, but I’m sure it’s helping to sweeten it, I guess I can taste the pineapple if I try really hard.

Weird that the coconut in this tea didn’t turn weird…. I’m sure I got them around the same time. Hm.

Anyway it’s an old favourite for a reason! I like that it’s not too sweet. Takes the edge off the green tea. Brewed as per their directions.

I’m listening to Silverchair. Another old favourite, older than the tea, way back to jr high/ high school! I think just dated myself :)

ETA
I’ve been drinking so many new teas lately it’s hard to force myself to drink more than one steep (though I do), so sometimes they sit in my little tea basket on the counter until the next day waiting for their resteep which may never come. I was just making some tea, and I needed an empty steeping basket to use, I could not remember what was in one of them, so I was trying to think back to what I drank last night…. It was this. The already steeped still wet leaves have no real smell, and I tried a resteep so I can confirm they also have no real taste. Which works great for me because now I can throw them away after one shot totally guilt free :)

jessiwrites

Mmmm, I just got more of this in the mail today! So tasty.

OMGsrsly

Silverchair! Now I have to see if I have their CDs ripped so I can put them on my phone. :) And I also have to go sniff (maybe drink) the buttered rum I have.

jessiwrites

You didn’t get a good second steep out of this one? I just had some the other day and resteeped it three times, and then dumped the leaves in a jar to cold-brew… and had a delicious cold tea the next day. :/

Kittenna

I find that with flavoured teas, the number of good infusions I can get is unreliable. I think it depends to some extent on water:leaf ratio, but also whether or not I shuffle around the infuser basket while it’s steeping, which lets out more flavour.

whatshesaid

I think I’m just not a fan of weak tea… I don’t use more than enough leaf for one cup (10-12 mug), and I find a lot of teas are so flavourless after one steep that its not worth it to me, especially green. I didn’t stir the leaves around, just took a sip of the weak liquid (it didn’t even have a scent at this point!) and dumped it for something better. I don’t know if other people are doing something different or if I just have no interest in “delicate” flavour or what. I do try to do two steeps of everything though. Just often it’s so weak I don’t enjoy it. In fairness, this tea is probably close to 2 years old at this point so the flavour may have been compromised from the start. I also didn’t want the second steep so was happy to chuck it without further investigation. I don’t want to work hard for tea, haha.

I’m on my phone so I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors!

*(10-12 OZ mug)

Also I should try the cold brew thing, that might be beneficial to me!!

jessiwrites

Yeah, I just dump my used leaves in a jar and add some water, and let it sit for up to 24 hours, checking every now and then to see how it tastes. It’s a fun experiment, since I was going to toss out the leaves anyway.

Comments

jessiwrites

Mmmm, I just got more of this in the mail today! So tasty.

OMGsrsly

Kittenna

whatshesaid

I’m on my phone so I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors!

*(10-12 OZ mug)

Also I should try the cold brew thing, that might be beneficial to me!!

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada