Hiii.

Ordered the Della Terra custom sampler pack and this one made the cut. What a great way to try tea! I wish more companies offered this. It is greatly appreciated.

I am always looking for an awesome caramel tea. I tried Kusmi’s and found it not quite caramelly enough, though as my tastes develop it is definitely growing on me. I tried Davidstea’s rooibos Creme Caramel (I think that’s the name, I’m too lazy to verify), which I found distracting because of the extreme rooibos taste, and their Salted Caramel which had too strong of a burnt taste for me, and I have the Green Caramel from the Persimmon Tree Tea Company (very tasty considering you might question the green tea aspect!), and i had a sample of Nina’s Paris Je T’aime, which I did enjoy and was similar to this one, but slightly preferred. Those are all the predominantly caramel teas I’ve tried so far.

Here’s the thing. I have a sweet tooth the size of the moon. I also really like butter. My friend makes this homemade caramel sauce/spread every Christmas and I get a jar, and it’s made from brown sugar, Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, and butter. It is so delicious. It’s just creamy and sweet. There’s no burnt taste to it. I know it’s asking an awful lot but I just want a tea that tastes the same.

I get that there’s nothing natural about caramel tea anyway, but for me, the single most important aspect missing from all these teas is the buttery creaminess. Perhaps that would serve to tone down the slightly burnt taste some of them have. Even creme brûlée is only burned on the top, you guys!

Back to this tea, it’s not as burnt toffee tasting as Salted Caramel, but it’s also not creamy enough to warrant having that word in its name.

I’m a huge pig and I just want tea that tastes like butter and sugar and milk. Creamy and sweet, no burnt taste.

Was this good? Yeah! Reminded me of the Nina’s Paris one.

It’s just that my search must go on. I wonder if there’s such a thing as a buttery caramel oolong or pouchong tea? That would be creamy from the get go because of the base….. Anyone??

TastyBrew

I know Upton isn’t really known for their blends, but I ordered a sample of their caramel creme ($1 — at least 5 cups worth) and it is really good. Creamy, buttery, caramel-y. I was really surprised! Definitely worth a try for you! It smells amazing too.

whatshesaid

Oh cool, thanks for the tip!