Thanks to Kittenna for another S&V sample!

Again, hard not to have high hopes for this one given the heavenly scent wafting from the little baggie. But also yet again, the taste did not compare to the smell.

I tried it twice to be sure (using fresh leaves, not a resteep) and sadly, it’s just MEH. That’s the word I’d use if I had to sum this tea up in one word. Or “Disappointing”. Because it’s very watery, thin, not at all full bodied. The smell is misleading. There’s a faint hint of what it could have been. Untapped tea potential.

So this one is not on my wish list.

I’ve been spoiled by Della Terra’s dessert teas because the smell actually often matches the taste, and they’re usually pretty full bodied.

This one is drying out my teeth. That means it’s astringent, right? I still don’t really get that.

Glad I got to try it though because I would have assumed all S&V teas were as tasty as the Almond Sugar Cookie!

weird. we didn’t have issues with this one

whatshesaid

I find it really weak and rather than tea it tastes like mildly flavoured water, not sure if I somehow screwed up the infusion. It was a bit better than the creme brûlée but nothing like the almond sugar cookie, sadly.

whatshesaid

I was just really disappointed that it was not like the smell.

whatshesaid

Maybe it was underleafed? Not sure.

Kittenna

This one was definitely my fave; sorry to hear you didn’t like it! I think/hope I sent a full 3tsp+, and this isn’t one that I standardly overleaf myself, so that should have been enough. Oh well! I wouldn’t buy it again either, to be honest, as there are other teas I’d prefer.

whatshesaid

Yeah I used about the same as what I used for the Sugar Cookie one so I guess it’s just my taste. It wasn’t disgusting but I wish it tasted like it smelled.

Comments

weird. we didn’t have issues with this one

whatshesaid

I was just really disappointed that it was not like the smell.

whatshesaid

Maybe it was underleafed? Not sure.

Kittenna

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada