It’s easier to write this with a British accent right now as I’m currently watching Doctor Who.
You should definitely read this with that accent. I need to tell you that I am going to sprinkle British slang all throughout this tea note and you’re going to like it!

First of all, I like the name of this tea, it’s rather charming. (haha English people probably don’t even talk like that in real life but my knowledge comes from Downton Abbey, let’s be honest)

I was chuffed to bits to try this tea, I was hoping it would be ace.

Basically I try anything with the word “cake” in it.

Honestly this blend is quite brilliant, though I didn’t really get a cake taste out of it. There’s lots of raspberries, and some creamy coconut, but sadly, no cake. I steeped it for about 3-4 minutes and I am actually noticing a wee bit of bitterness, likely the tartness of the raspberries. I will add some sweetener on my resteep to see what happens,

I would have liked more of a cakiness to it, but I still right enjoyed it, it was jolly good but I wouldn’t quite call it the dog’s bollocks (wouldn’t want to call anything that, as a matter of fact!!) I’d rate this higher if it didn’t have the word cake in the name. But it was still delightful!

This review was brought to you on behalf of the British Stereotyping Society of Canada.
Right awful, it were! (the stereotyping, not the tea)

Ummm, thanks for the sample, Bluebird Tea Co :)

Courtney

“Chuffed to bits” – love it! You forgot brilliant :P

whatshesaid

Aw shoot, you’re right. I was saving that one. My English relatives said that a lot, I think I will have to add it in there.

Totally added it

Cavocorax

I only know ‘brilliant’ bc it came up all the time in Harry Potter.

Yeah they use it a lot!!

Comments

Courtney

“Chuffed to bits” – love it! You forgot brilliant :P

Totally added it

Cavocorax

I only know ‘brilliant’ bc it came up all the time in Harry Potter.

Yeah they use it a lot!!

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada