Had a sample of this from Kittenna, merci!

It was good, but not as good as the Taiwanese Mountain Black (I know they are two totally different types of tea but my repertoire of straight teas is limited), as I found the flavor wasn’t quite as strong. It was roasty but not super roasty, there are some unique flavors within that I (of course) can’t really identify (told you i will never be able to pick food notes out of an unflavoured tea!) but I did enjoy it!

Just a bit too weak for me, I think I would have to use more leaves or steep it longer in order to get the desired flavor. I suppose that’s why it works well as the base for the Maple Pecan Oolong (which I love), it lets the delicious flavor shine through.

I probably wouldn’t order this one, though I wouldn’t mind trying it again! It may have been just a tad too delicate for me. So happy to have had some though!

Kittenna

Wasn’t my favourite, to be honest. I was curious about it because it was the base of Maple Pecan, but I’d rather drink MP :P

Cavocorax

I know what you mean – it’s difficult to review straight teas. My palette and tea vocabulary just aren’t there.

whatshesaid

Me too. I could wing it but I’d totally be BS’ing through my teeth :)

OMGsrsly

Oh man, I’m so practised at BS’ing through my teeth. Isn’t that what writing papers for university is…? :D

Comments

Kittenna

Cavocorax

whatshesaid

Me too. I could wing it but I’d totally be BS’ing through my teeth :)

OMGsrsly

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada