drank S'mores Genmaicha by 52teas

Hm.

Well, now that I’m 100% on what a regular genmaicha tastes like I feel a bit more qualified to comment on this.

So, first off I am definitely getting a bit of a weird chemical taste to this, it seems to leave some kind of bitterness in my mouth after the fact.

I can taste a hint of sweetness from the marshmallow, and from what I recall of the Marshmallow Treat there is a noticeable (but not dramatic) chocolatey-ness to this one. I’ve never had a lapsang souchong before but I feel like if I try really really hard I can grab some kind of faint smokiness.

Ultimately, I wanted so badly to truly enjoy this but the weird aftertaste is killing my tea buzz.

Thank you for sending some my way though, Kittenna, I had really wanted to try this!

I’m left wondering if the icky chemical flavour has to do with the possible wonky batch of this tea? Who knows. I didn’t hate it but it was distracting.

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada