drank Nina's Japon by Nina's Paris

My second last sample from Laurent and Sophie, Merci!

Le Sigh.

Seriously you guys. Banging my head on the counter. I drank this at work today, I was really looking forward to it, I knew it was going to be a crappy busy week and so I thought a nice way to start Monday would include this tea. That sentence was poorly formed but I don’t even care.

It was good, real good, for two steeps. I can’t comment on brewing method because I probably used too hot water, because for some reason i thought it was black tea, but it was still good.

Thing is, I was all proud of myself because I was drinking it and marveling at the really nice, subtle, not-too-sweet chocolate taste, in both steeps. I was all like “look at you, noticing flavor notes!” (of a flavoured tea, mind you)…. I didn’t have time to write this at work, so imagine my surprise (and head+counter reaction) when I read the description….which includes…. NO chocolate.

Ughhhhh back to the drawing board.

I’m not joking, I was tasting an unsweetened version of Cocoa Rice Krispies. What is wrong with my taste buds!? Vanilla? Caramel? Seriously?

It was good though. I’m hoping when their online shop opens up I will be able to afford the shipping fees :)

Chizakura

Just because you taste something different, doesn’t mean you’re wrong. Besides, maybe the chocolateness of it all is coming from the base! It’s not terribly specific on what the base black tea is, so it could easily have been coming through that.

Plus with the addition of things like genmaicha I could see that combo of flavors almost coming out chocolately.

Chizakura

Glancing at others’ notes on this tea, a couple others said they tasted chocolate too.

Terri HarpLady

I really enjoyed this one!

whatshesaid

Woohoo, chocolate! :)

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Trust your taste buds more! :-)

Froogle_jimmy

Loved this sample from Laurent!!! Sweet rice krispies is a good call though.

Comments

Chizakura

Terri HarpLady

I really enjoyed this one!

whatshesaid

Woohoo, chocolate! :)

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Trust your taste buds more! :-)

Froogle_jimmy

Loved this sample from Laurent!!! Sweet rice krispies is a good call though.

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada